Environmental consciousness has been a serious topic of discussion this summer, especially with the advent of #StopSucking, the movement to do away with non-recyclable plastic drinking straws. Seattle became the first U.S. city to enact a ban on plastic straws and utensils, and now Starbucks is promising to stop handing out plastic straws by 2020 in favor of a plastic, straw-free lid. The momentum won’t stop at straws, not when there’s still plenty of work to be done when it comes to disposable cups in general.
Promotional drinkware is already a popular giveaway, but if there was ever a time for consumers to truly value free drinkware gifts, it’s now while these sustainability conversations are happening! Spread the word about your brand while also helping your clients ditch paper and plastic waste by giving out summer promotional drinkware with a recipe card for a refreshing summer drink! Not only does this add a memorable, personal touch, but it inspires recipients to start going green.
To reach the widest audience for any industry, aim for drinks most anyone can enjoy that work well with the drinkware you’re offering. The best combination will encourage the recipients to use their new drinkware right away! We have a few suggestions below to spark some inspiration:
1. 32 Oz. Fruit Fusion Bottle with Cherry-Lime Infusion
Infused waters are a healthy, sugar-free alternative to soft drinks, and they’re super easy to prepare! Not only that, but they’re also simply beautiful to look at when prepared in a clear infuser bottle like this one.
Reminiscent of a cherry limeade, but without the added sugar, a cherry-lime infusion is a delicious way to rehydrate. Here’s how to make it:
- Pit & halve fresh cherries
- Slice one lime
- Put the cherries and lime into the water bottle’s infuser and fill with water
- Wait at least 5 minutes until it’s ready to drink, or for a stronger flavor, refrigerate overnight
To make this drink extra refreshing and to help with digestion, add a sprig of mint! No need to remove the ingredients from the water, since the infuser keeps you from drinking any chunks of fruit.
2. 20 Oz. Blender Bottle with Orange Creamsicle Protein Shake
Blender bottles are a handy accessory for gym buffs or anyone who needs a quick meal to go! For maximum impact, pair this colorful blender bottle with a protein shake turned summer classic. Here’s what you need:
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup Almond milk (unsweetened or vanilla flavored)
- ½ cup orange juice
- Add all ingredients to blender bottle and shake until smooth.
Feel free to add ground flax seeds, chia seeds, vanilla extract, or any other additives you desire.
3. 16 Oz. Color Splash Tumbler with Matcha Green Tea Lemonade
Lemonade is the quintessential, refreshing summer drink. Now add all the benefits of matcha green tea to that: weight loss, detoxification, energy from light caffeine. A drink like that is worth taking with you and keeping cool in the stylish, double-wall insulated Color Splash Tumbler. Check out the recipe:
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tsp. matcha green tea powder (available online or at your nearest health food store)
- 1 cup lemonade of your choice (or make your own!)
- Mix matcha powder in hot water until frothy and the powder is completely dissolved, set in refrigerator to cool
- Once cool, combine with lemonade
- Add ice and sweetener as desired and enjoy!
Try these recipes or come up with your own to add to your summer promotional drinkware from Myron. Recipients will feel inspired to ditch single use cups and start using their new reusable drinkware right away once they learn about a delicious summer drink to try!